Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Brave the Shave

Okay okay, I know that recently every thing that comes out of my mouth is about this event, but I am really kind of in love with it.
For those of you that still don't know, Brave the Shave is an event happening in Austin, Texas on April 13th. It is hosted by a group in austin called S.M.I.L.E. and I actually don't know what this stands for...I apologize. However, I do know that all of the money raised is going to go towards pediatric cancer research, and that is a very important cause.
At this event, there is also the option of coming and having your head shaved, and this is why I back this event up 100%
Cancer is a huge deal. It is a terrible sickness that we sadly do not have a cure for. I really can't imagine how it feels to live with a disease like this. I would feel so set apart from the world, and to top it off you are taking medicines that make you lose your hair. So even just walking down the street, people brand you with this disease. You are the disease almost. I can't imagine what that feels like, and I absolutely hate that some humans have to go through this.
That's why I love this event. They not only want to raise money for research, but they also have a way of letting people with cancer know that they aren't alone, and that people support them completely.
I have decided (since my finances won't allow a donation), that I will be shaving my head. I am so super excited about it! I can't wait to be a part of this event, and see what awesome things are going to happen that day.
Just to keep it short, I've made a video about this event and you should watch it, if you would like to donate or get involved let me know.
Visit www.stbaldricks.org for more info on that as well, and as always...stay excellent!


No comments:

Post a Comment