Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Adventures!

I am sitting all alone in my brand new house! (it's just a dorm, don't get excited) This is my first night in Ornelas Hall at UT Tyler, and I have to say, after all the stress and confusion today, I love where I am. My dorm looks so nice and homey, and I just feel very nice here. It doesn't feel as foreign as I thought it would. I am already falling in love with it really!
My roommates are very very sweet people, in fact, you should be jealous because they aren't YOUR roommates. Meh!
If you know me, you know that I'm not the type of person to just go out and introduce myself to random people on the street, so today was a bit of a challenge for me. Every where I turned there was an eager beaver freshmen waiting to say hi and slap me a high-five, or flash a smile. But everyone here is super nice, and my "elders" (I guess I could call them that) are really good at explaining things to me. If I don't understand something, I can just ask someone who looks like they know what they are doing, and they will definitely help me out!
I love campus too! It's so beautiful! Every time my dad has come for a visit, he comments on how pretty the campus is. My response? "well yeah dad, I was going to school in a dumpster"Oh, I'm so funny.
The only thing I don't like so far is that I am here by myself with nothing to do, and I don't have any option but to sit. I mean, earlier I went out and got some ice-cream with my roommates and we had fun, but other times, (like now when my roommates are both gone) I don't have anything to do but sit here and play on my computer and eat Pringles. (freshman 15? ha! more like freshman 5,000) just kidding, if anyone sees me gaining that much weight, please tell me to lay off the Pringles.
I just want to go on and on about how great it is here, but I also don't want to jinx it! It's only my first night you know?
Goodnight lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment