Monday, January 14, 2013

back in the groove

Hello everyone!! Today was my first day back at school after Christmas break, and it went well considering I only had one class this morning! Woo! I think most students went back today, and I hope you all had good first days! If you've already been back, then I hope your semester is going well.
I only had one class this morning, I have another one at 6pm, but my first class went really great! I had algebra, and its a fairly small class, and my professor seems nice. The only real issue I have with the class is that it's at 8am in the morning, but since I work, my school schedule is a little goofy.
I am making this post today, because I just had an epiphany this morning.
I really like where I am right now. Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. A lot of people really don't like Angelina College (which is where I am taking classes. Go road runners) but I was so excited to get up and go to class this morning! I am really blessed to be able to even have the opportunity to go to any college in the first place.
A lot of people "hate" Lufkin. I could not be happier to be back in my home town. I'm close to family, I know my way around, and it just feels like home.
I've made decisions in life that have lead me to be where I am today, and I've made the choice to be happy about it. If you know me, you know I like to complain. I admit, I'm a huge whiney baby, but I've made the decision that I'm not going to waste my time being sad about it anymore.
Because, that's exactly what it is. A total waste of time. Recent decisions have led me to where I am today, and now since it's an entire new year I know that even more decisions I make will lead to even more changes. Good, or bad.
I really do feel like this is where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. I don't feel like my mistakes have ruined my life, or effected me that drastically. I have changed, but not for the negative.
Everyone that knows what has happened recently expects me to be hurt, and honestly I am. Every day is a really big challenge, but I have to make the choice to wake up, get dressed, be happy, and not let anyone see a single tear on my face. It isn't an easy thing, but as the days go by it's getting to be less of a choice and more of a habit. I love where I am, and I love who I am. Though I have made some serious mistakes in the past, I will not let them define who I am now.
It seems like my posts are getting shorter and shorter, but I just really want to say what's on my mind some times, and so I do!
I hope that this semester is peachy for everyone! If you have any suggestions or requests of what I should write my next post about, please feel free to do so. Comment on my link, or shoot me a message.
Stay Excellent (and warm)!

No comments:

Post a Comment