Monday, July 23, 2012

long time no (Tennes)see

Well, my goodness gracious. I do sincerely apologize for my absence ya'll. If you know me or have me as a friend on Facebook (which if you don't you should add me, I'm nice I promise) you know that I have been in Nashville, Tennessee this past week. If you don't know me, then you probably didn't know that, but since I just informed you, now you know. So, you're welcome.
I just recently got home, and by recently I mean a few days ago. I haven't been posting because, I was extremely ill with a very dangerous disease I like to call LAZY. I don't know why every time I get home from a trip I'm just like *face into pillow* and I stay there for God knows how long. And also, we East Texan's had a giant thunder storm blow through this area just a couple days ago and my home was without electricity for a whole 23 or so hours. LKJAEOGHADLVKJSAFLKJ
I hate losing electricity.
BUT, excuses aside, it's nice to type at you all again. I missed it!

I'm going to use this time to tell you all about my wonderful wonderful time in Tennessee, because honestly I fell in deep love with the city of Nashville. If you've been, then I hope you know what I'm talking about and can back me up, if you haven't been then...*hands you plane ticket* GO

Many people (including myself) have the assumption that Nashville, being the birthplace of country music, will be filled with ignorant hicks wearing cowboy hats and boots. Everyone thinks as soon as you enter Tennessee some strange hillbilly riding a horse will come up to you and be like "welcome to Tennessee ya'll! Here's a free can of chewin' tobaccy!" But that really isn't how it goes.
Total count for cowboy hats seen; ZERO and boots; about 2 pair
which, both of those pairs were worn by people who were in the group that went with me to Nashville.
It's actually an extremely friendly city that's filled with history! Honestly, there's something for everyone there. If you like sight seeing, we went on a Segway tour of Nashville, and though you look extremely ridiculous on a segway, and people take your picture randomly to laugh at you, it's a really cool thing to do! There's so much Civil War history in the city, and I'm sad to say I had no idea about all of it before I rode around like a total dweeb in a helmet on a Segway.
If you like to shop, oh dear Jesus there are plenty of places for you. Spending over $100 in an Urban Outfitters was my splurge of the trip. There are so many regular shops, but also the ones that can only be found in Nashville, like Hatch Show Print or some random something that I can't think of.
If you like to eat, which is everyone, there are so many amazing places to eat! We ate at Pancake Pantry, Demos', Edley's, Fido's Pet Shop, just to name a few. So many great places to eat! Don't get fat though. Nashville isn't as fun if you're fat.
There is so much more that we didn't even get a chance to do! There's a lot of great live music in the bars on Broadway, and the wonderful Grand Old/Ole Opry House (not sure the proper name) we did not get to see.
But honestly, Nashville was one of the greatest places I've ever been. I think everyone should visit at least once in your life time. Tell them Hannah sent you. They'll be like "who's Hannah?"
They love me!

But, I'm back home for now, and I promise not to stay away for so long next time!
(some rando shots from the Nashville):



No comments:

Post a Comment